Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Trust Issue

It's not a very nice feeling, to be exposed earlier than you want it to be.


[


"Maybe I'm just not a very trusting person."

"Do you know why people don't trust other people?"

"No. Why?"

"Because they're afraid of getting burned. That's what I mean by vulnerability."

"Yeah. That's probably right."

"And you know what the best cure for that is?"

"Opening yourself up to being burned. Sometimes it's even okay to get burned, because you realize it's not fatal."

"So you're telling me that I don't like conflict because I don't trust people, and I don't trust people because I'm afraid of being vulnerable."

*nods* "Being vulnerable. Being wrong. Being unpopular. Losing your status."


] - Extracted from The Five Temptations of a CEO - A Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni

No comments: